Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birth of a Blog

As I drove home from visiting out of state family today, I had four hours of time to ponder the blessings in my life. The usually dull drive from Nebraska through Iowa to return to Missouri proved scenic today due to the fall foliage. As I admired the golden autumn sunshine, glorious color on the leaves and lakes as smooth as glass, I felt profound gratitude for my visit to see my only sister and her family...for the sheer joy and excitement of Pop Warner football games...and the luxury of safe transportation.

During this trip, I also began thinking about how to articulate my point of view for this blogging project. I consider myself an environmentalist, but a realist...a spiritual person, but one not entrenched in organized religion...and I am also a single parent who wants to give my boys a thorough education on being a good person and taking care of the earth we inhabit...and after four hours of deep thought (punctuated by a couple of rest stops and lunch in the drive thru), I decided that these views have no real outlet in my life. Hence...the birth of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment