Monday, October 18, 2010

Missed opportunity

Yesterday, I had a missed opportunity....
Today, it's still bothering me. 


I went to the gas station to buy a coffee to enjoy at the boys' karate promotion. Anyone who has been to a karate promotion knows that sometimes it's important to have something to drink as they can last a while!


The cashier started to ring me up...and asked, "For her, too?" and nodded at the girl behind me in line. And, I said, "No."


Wish I had said yes. The girl had a small soda. I could have easily paid for it in a "pay it forward" kind of way. Didn't. Wish I had.  Would have been an easy way to make the world a better place. 


In a neighboring town, each holiday season, there's a coffee shop that has customers that start paying it forward around Thanksgiving. They pay for their drink and the person behind them in the line (or the drive-thru). I'd like to see this kind of generosity in our lives throughout the year. 


Hopefully, next time I'm in line, I can find a way to pay it forward. 


Let it begin with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment