Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Great Furnace Hold Out

Ok. I'll be the first to admit it. It's cold in my house this morning. This year, I decided to try to hold out on turning on the furnace. The goal is to not turn it on until November 1. After all, 65 degrees isn't THAT cold in the house. It's 45 outside and supposed to have a high today of 75, so it'll be warmer when we get home from school and work.

But then, I looked at the week long forecast. Friday and Saturday are supposed to be rainy with highs in the low to mid sixties. We'll see if I make it through the weekend without turning on the furnace.

For sure, we'll try all the tips and tricks for keeping our bodies warm in the winter (layers, extra socks, warm soup for lunch).  But can I stick to my guns when it's cold and damp?  I don't know. I'll keep you posted.


What's the latest date you've turned on a furnace?

No comments:

Post a Comment