Saturday, October 16, 2010

Acceptance, Order and Clarity


This week, I've been exploring and articulating my thoughts on the quote below:

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order,
confusion into clarity.
It turns problems into gifts, failures into success,
the unexpected into perfect timing.
~Melody Beattie

Today, I'd like to look at the third line. When I turn denial into acceptance I am stopping the fight against the negative. When the fight against the negative energy stops, the negative energy loses its power, and I find peace in accepting whatever the situation may be. At that point, I can be grateful for what I do have, for the lesson learned, for the moment -- even if it was painful.

Gratitude turns chaos into order in my life because when I am grateful for my things, I take care of them. When I am grateful for my children, I spend time with them. When I am grateful for my home, I take pride in it and keep it looking presentable.

And gratitude turns confusion into clarity by giving me a focal point for the most important things in my life. Work meetings, deadlines, bills and obligations are not the focal point of my life. My children are! When I am grateful for them, I know exactly what I should spend my time and energy on -- my kids and our life as a family. Once my focus is where it should be, my life has clarity of purpose.

What an amazing gift...and all from saying "Thank you!" for everything...small things, big things, good things, and not-so-good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment