Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hoarders and Control

As I watch the A&E Network show, Hoarders, I hear the people who are featured often say something about the fact that they'd get rid of something, but they didn't trust that the recipient would do the right thing with the item (recycle it, appreciate it, sell it for what it is allegedly worth, and so on). Therefore, they can't let go of the control of the item. They have to make sure it is not misappropriated.

No wonder they are in such a pickle!

When I get ready to send something to recycling, or to offer it on the Freecycle network, I occasionally hesitate. Will the person/corporation follow through with the recycling?

Someone once told me that the plastic bag recycling bin at a local grocery store was dumped into the dumpster each evening. I have no way of knowing whether that is true or false, but it gives me pause.

How do we really know if our recycling items make it through the recycling process? 



No comments:

Post a Comment